Friday, September 1, 2017

Key West boat tour

Key West was our first stop on our cruise; however, I've listed our three cruise stops in order of enjoyment with Key West being the third.  We captured the following images during our custom boat tour.

I wonder if the folks who live on this house boat don't go on vacations but instead have staycations! :)

Waters in the Key West are very shallow with a lot of sandy tidal flats.  Everywhere we went on our tour, we could see the bottom as it was only a few feet down.

This blue heron flew away as we got nearer.  Mangroves trees are shown in the background.

Our tour guide took us to the Great White Heron National Wildlife Refuge but we didn't see a lot of white herons probably because it was in the heat of the day.

Out of all the images taken during our 11-day trip, the one below is one of my favorites; and due to the distance and speed of the boat, I captured this one with my iPhone instead of my Sony camera.

Since our stateroom was on the starboard (right) side of the ship, we were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset while leaving Key West en route to Havana, Cuba.

2 comments: