Thursday, August 31, 2017

A tour of Cozumel, Mexico

Irnie, our tour guide at cozumelcruiseexcursions.net, was very accommodating!  He took us to several scenic areas, even a greenhouse where I was able to capture some macro images of tropical plants.  First we headed to the Punta Sur area but I asked to stop so I could get a distant image of the lighthouse.

I asked Irnie why the water was so blue.  He said it is because of the sand underneath the water.  My regret is we didn't take the time to get in the water.  Hopefully next time.

We were greeted at the lighthouse by these two Macaw parrots.  See how the one closest is waving high with his claw?

Irnie pointed out this really neat sign on the shore side of the lighthouse which is one of my favorite images!

Next time we go to Cozumel, I need to relax in this swing.  It was just too hot when we were there!

This Mayan ruins was also nearby the lighthouse...

...and this one was located on the road to Punta Sur.

Irnie said this vulture perched on the tree is watching to grab baby turtles to consume.

I said, "Irnie, STOP!!! " and I got out and photographed this Mexican spiny-tailed iguana.  Isn't he ugly looking?

Irnie, you were an awesome tour guide!  Thanks for taking us to that lady's greenhouse so I could get some macro images of tropical plants.  Here are two that I was able to identify... the cruz de malta...

... and the bougainvillea.  Hope you enjoyed this scenic tour of Cozumel!

No comments:

Post a Comment