Monday, November 5, 2018

Goodbye wildflowers... catch you in the Spring!

It's been a busy summer and I didn't photograph as many wildflower images as I had hoped.  I did, however, take advantage of a nice evening last month to capture some late blooming wildflowers in our yard to include a cute image of a yellow and black bug on a red rose from our knockout rose bush.  I love our knockout bushes; we get to enjoy the roses all summer long!

Not all of these are wildflowers but weeds, but pretty weeds they are!  Our Geary County Extension Agent just had an article in the newspaper about these plants with the red berries.  He warned about getting rid of them as they will take over and choke out undergrowth!  Also, the red sumac leaves are gorgeous when backlit and are another plant that will take over a pasture!  Nonetheless they are pretty and I have included them here for you to enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment